Medical Spa – An Experienced, Affordable Solution
Botox Lake Mary – Orlando
Botox Lake Mary – Orlando, FL Medical Spa: Botox Cosmetic® is a purified neurotoxin that can soften creases & wrinkles of the face when injected properly by an experienced, licensed physician or Physician’s Assistant. When I established my niche vein practice in 1998, I traveled to South Florida to train with one of the few physicians in the country who was practicing with Botox treatment at that time.
After my training, my wife Susie was my very first Botox client in 1999, and we use her original before and after pictures on our website to this day. Needless to say Susie & thousands of other clients I have treated since have all enjoyed the remarkable benefits of wrinkle prevention, brow lifting, and youthful look that Botox Cosmetic® promises.
Negative outcomes, allergy, or reactions to Botox are extremely rare, it’s true, but there are some critical points to consider when choosing a Botox provider.
BOTOX BUYER BEWARE – Learn more about the common pitfalls buyers experience in getting botox.
Here is What You Need to Know, Look out For, and ask BEFORE you Buy
Today, ads for Botox bargains abound through pre-paid coupon sites to email offers in your inbox. Here are critical points to consider when choosing a Botox provider; after all, it is your face, your money, and your health. Be savvy when selecting who earns your business. We all know that we get what we pay for.
- Is the Botox provider a member of Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions program? Easy to find out with this link: alle.com
- How long has the provider been practicing Botox Cosmetic? Many brand new providers who do not specialize in Aesthetic medicine are jumping into the market which means little experience injecting.
- Are you able to inspect the Botox Cosmetic® vial when you come in for treatment? There is a hologram on every vial from Allergan that you can look for. (Yes, there is black market Botox!)
- Does the provider have an M.D. as its Medical Director? Botox Cosmetic® is to be administered only by M.D., or P.A., A-RNP who practices under an M.D. license only. Licenses are simple to verify: www.floridahealth.com
- How many dollars per unit does the Botox cost? Anything less than $7 a unit should be a red flag warning as Botox Cosmetic® costs on average $7/unit for a practice to deliver safely. Beware of practices “watering down” Botox or using knock off brands.
- After treatment, monitor the effect of your Botox Cosmetic®. You should have about three months of effect; longer if you have been treated more than four times in same area consecutively.
- Avoid Botox “parties” that are outside the clinical setting. Your risk of bruising is increased and results are typically unsatisfactory when Botox vials are transported about at room temperature.
- Take selfies of your facial expression the day before you are treated so you can judge the results of your treatment yourself.
- Communicate exactly what results you are looking for out of your treatment. Oftentimes, static creases are not softened at all by Botox, and you were not a good candidate for the treatment. You don’t want to find this out after spending the money!
- Stick with the same provider for treatments. Once you find a provider you trust for Botox, continue to be loyal to that practitioner. Your history with Botox treatment will be on record there enabling your results to stay consistent over time. Plus most practices have incentives for your repeat business. Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions points are portable between practices but do expire so use your coupons when you earn them!
- Experience, safety, credibility, and cost are all things to take into consideration when shopping for a Botox Cosmetic provider. Thank you for taking the time to learn about Botox Cosmetic®.
Book a Botox Consultation in our Orlando or Lake Mary offices
Botox Physician Greater Orlando
Richard S. Bragg, M.D. specializes in the treatment of venous insufficiency for varicose veins & has been in practice in Central Florida since 1998. A graduate of Louisiana State University Medical School in 1992, Dr. Bragg completed his Family Practice Residency at Florida Hospital in 1995 & went on to pursue a subspecialty in Phlebology.
A past national trainer, Dr. Bragg specializes in EVLT (Endo-venous laser Therapy) for varicose veins. Dr. Bragg is owner and Medical Director of Florida Vein Care & Cosmetic centers: Lake Mary, East Orlando, and Dr. Phillips locations. Main phone # is (407)805-8989. His P.A.-C, Madge Geohagen, has more than 17 years experience injecting veins, Botox, & dermal fillers. Visit the practice at www.floridaveincare.com today!
Booking Orlando Lake Mary Botox Consultation
Discover Orlando Botox Treatments
WHAT IS BOTOX
Botox is used to make you look better not necessarily younger. It was initially used and then received its FDA approval for Muscular Spasms around the faces and neck. Now it is used for a variety of other cosmetics purposes on the face and neck. Botox is made from a minuscule amount of a chemical that is secreted by the Botulism bacteria.
There are ABSOLUTELY no bacteria – nothing alive – in the Botox injection. Botox injection does not give you an infection. What it does give you is a very small amount of the chemical, injected precisely into the selected muscles to weaken them.
HOW DOES BOTOX WORK
Botox is injected into a selected muscle to produce a weakening effect but it does not actually do anything directly to the muscle itself. Its entire effect is rather on the nerves. Nerves normally tell muscles to contract. For the nerves to tell the muscle to work, a small amount of chemical is released from the end of the nerve.
That chemical crosses the gap and causes the muscle to move. Botox prevents the release of this chemical so nothing crosses the gap and tell the muscle to move. Botox does not cause numbness because it does not work on the Sensory nerves that give us feelings. It only works on the nerves that control the muscles.
HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST
The effects of Botox are temporary. Once Botox has bound to nerve endings, that nerve stops being able to tell its part of the muscle to move. When this happens, that nerve begins to branch out to send new nerve endings to the muscle to tell it to move.
When it is eventually successful in its new growth, the nerve-muscle connection is re-established and the signal for the muscle to move gets through again. This re-connection usually takes about 3 months to occur.
WHO BENEFITS FROM BOTOX
Botox is one of the few rejuvenation treatments that can benefit patients of almost any age. We all have facial habits that predispose us to develop deep furrows or worry lines very early in life. This premature aging facial pattern of behavior can be broken with Botox.
WHAT CAUSES THE WRINKLES
As we age, the skin becomes less elastic and thinner so that when it stretches it does not snap back like it used to. This causes an excess of skin in certain areas. Also, the fat beneath the skin tends to move downward over the years as it’s pulled by gravity. This facial fat also decreases in quantity over the years. Loss of fat under the skin simply makes the amount of excess stretched skin appear even more exaggerated.
Even the bones in the face tend to shrink, which leads to an increase in the appearance of certain lines. Botox has no direct effect on the skin, fat or bone. It only works on the nerves that control the muscles.
WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE BOTOX
Patients with any of the following:
- Neuromuscular Disorders (Myasthenia Gravis, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant or nursing.
- Has an active infection and is on antibiotics
BENEFITS OF BOTOX PLUS FILLER
Botox will increase the longevity of a filler material. Without the constant folding, wrinkling and crushing motion of the filler material created by the musculature, these filler materials lasts a great deal longer. By keeping up with Botox consistently over the years there will be a dramatic age-defying effect on the skin in that area.
- If you are looking for the Best Botox Treatment in Lake Mary and Orlando, look no further.
- Our Botox doctor and physician assistant providers can help you get wrinkle relief
- For excellent, qualified, quality care, look to our cosmetic center to deliver lasting results.
- Get the top-rated service you deserve, you will find that in our reviews patients consider our customer service top-notch.
- Our friendly staff is delighted to help answer all of your questions
- After your Botox treatment, we invite you to leave us a review and let us know how we are doing