If you’ve started experiencing signs of varicose veins, you should consult a medical professional at an Orlando vein center such as Florida Vein Care. He or she will help you to determine the best course of treatment to help alleviate symptoms you may be experiencing. Many patients receive relief from following a simple, home regime that is geared towards preventing the progression of pain and other related symptoms of varicose veins. You can implement the following suggestions to see if you can notice the difference in how your legs look and feel.
- Elevation: You can begin by elevating your legs as often as you can. Your feet should be angled to a comfortable resting position above your heart. This will help with blood return to the heart. Walking and exercising results in the muscles constricting which helps circulation by compressing the veins and squeezing blood through.
- Weight Loss: No one ever likes to hear these words, but they are applicable to the care of varicose veins. Lose weight. Extra weight causes additional pressure on the veins which reduces the flow of blood.
- Compression Stockings: Try wearing compression stockings. They are no longer just the white heavy stockings your grandma used to wear; they are now made in a variety of fabrics, weights and in a variety of shades.
- Stick to a Plan: Don’t expect overnight relief when you elevate your legs, exercise or wear compression stockings. If what you do at home results in success, it has usually taken anywhere from six months to a year to make a difference. Once you begin experiencing relief, don’t stop. Your valves aren’t suddenly healed. Make sure you contact a medical professional, like Dr. Bragg with Florida Vein Care, to seek professional treatment.
- When it’s Not Enough: If you still experience pain or the pain deepens, you don’t like the way your legs look, or you suffer with increased swelling, and/or experience skin ulcerations, it is probably time to consider a more serious treatment. Your doctor at an Orlando vein center center will help you decide when the time is right.
The Orlando vein center medical team at the Florida Vein Care and Cosmetic Center are top notch specialists who will help you make an informed decision when selecting the varicose vein treatment that is best for you. Sclerotherapy, radio-frequency ablation, and EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) are some of the options that are available to help manage or eliminate varicose veins. They are minimally invasive, and usually require just a local anesthetic. Most patients return to normal daily activity the same day. Call the Florida Vein Care and Cosmetic Center today and schedule your appointment at 407-805-8989.